History
For the Love of Porcelain

The story begins on January 30th, 1871 with Franz Detleff and William Goebel, the founders of the company. They establish a factory “dedicated to the senses” (which later becomes a company slogan). William Goebel and his father Franz Detleff found “F. & W. Goebel”. The first porcelain factory (which was later called “Wilhelmsfeld”) opens in 1878 in Oeslau-Rödental near Coburg.

Around 1905 The crown above the monogram “WG” marks the transition of the company to William Goebel in 1893. Germany celebrates its Kaiser era and Goebel is part of it. Luxury porcelain, the dream of many, is also sold in America.

► Read More